Light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone can answer me about consideration of light in sw tank.. Switch off the light means switch off whole light in the tank or just switch off the white light(led) n keep switch on for blue light(led)?

Are you talking about fowlr or a tank with corals??? Theres different needs with lighting timers..

I turn off day lights first, 2 hours later the actinics turn off, and 2 hours after that the LEDs turn off and all the lights are off until morning

Yea theres a lot of different time cycles used, most i think like to run about 8-10 hour cycles with actinics start 1 hr before and run 1 hr after daylights. I think you can do whatever you want if you have led moon lights. 1 hr before & after actinics,i just leave my moon leds on constantly.one thing to keep in mind with light cycles is the wattage, number of bulbs etc. You have to watch corals and know thier lighting needs,also too much lighting time can lead to diatom outbreaks..

Back
Top Bottom