Light arrangement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I have a pretty nice light fixture with a bunch bulbs. I wanted to know if there was a certain order I should put them in. They can all be timed to come in and off as needed. This is how I have them setup now. I would like to have some corals soft and hard and some mushrooms. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-1998961591.jpg
    image-1998961591.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 66
Looks like the same one I have. If it's like mine, the top two bulbs are on one circuit and the bottom two bulbs are on another. I have both blues together and both whites together. That way I can run only blue one or only white on or both on at the same time

Is there a good way to stagger them through the day?

I have my blues come on at 2pm. Then at 4pm the whites come on along with keeping the blues on. ( all 4 are on ) At 8pm the whites go off but the blues stay on until 10pm. My LED's come on at 10pm and go off at 11:30pm...So..to some it up...blues are on from 2pm until 10pm. Whites are on from 4pm until 8pm..LED's 10 to 11:30pm

Many thanks. Now where do you put the whites and blues or does it matter if the whites are the front two or rear two?

I have the blues in the back and whites in the front. They seem to cover the tank. I have a 20 gallon high. I have read that I should try using a 20,000k bulb to replace one of the original whites. 20,000 has more blue in it. This is my first t5 fixture and I think for the price, you can't beat it..

Back
Top Bottom