Light heating problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my canopy light seems to be heating my tank up to much. Even when open every one has said add a fan i thought Why not remove the orignal lighting and add leds to where the light was housed. Im guessing is a common problem for small marine set ups, the tanks awsome when it comes to parameters its always super stable but Im fighting an up hill battle keeping my temp stable.

Doing the led should help lower the temp from the light. Also put some holes in the backside of the canapy to let out the heat and add fans. You can also try moving the light as high.as you.can get

Last edited:
i completely removed the lid for good gave it to a mate who snaped his temps still a bit high 27.7c as im writing this it seems to be stable around 27.6-27.7 which if its stable at this in am hour il be happ happ happy

will my light die because i removed the glass from it to make it brighter

Attachments

• image-2329596807.jpg
    image-2329596807.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 50
You may end up with salt creep that is why the glass is there and salt creed can damage electronics

I took it off light was only $30 so its no biggy if it die's and my power board has a override switch for each point so if wont turn off anything but the light I think I payed $150 for my power board

might check and see if the other lfs has any marie ones with the blue LEDS for night only thing is their so far away

Back
Top Bottom