Light timing intervals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I will be getting my coralife 192 watt PC tomorrow and my light timer for my new 30 gal. My LR from TBsaltwater will be here Saturday.

I want to keep the light on as if the tank was established because I ordered Deco mixed with "coral rock."

What are the intervals I need? Do acintic and white stay on together, or rotate with the moonlight? I have no idea how long for each or what is best.

Thank you

Generally folks run them 8-10 hours. I run mine 8 (FOWLR). You can run both at the same time (acintic and white). The moonlights are always on, at least on mine. When the other two turn off, you will be able to see the moon lights.

Lighting interval

I have seen tecwzrd talk about algae problems if the light is left on in a cycling tank.

Will I be able to clean it without getting out of control? I want to try and keep everything that comes alive with the LR alive to the best of my ability.

So, for corals people do between 8-10....

Tec is correct. While cycling, your water is very nutrient-rich and can feed algae outbreaks nicely. Adding light will only make things worse. That said, you should be able to run your lights a few hours a day for the life on the rock (and lets face it...a dark tank is boaring to look at). You be the judge. Try with 3-4hrs a day and see if you have algae problems.

Back
Top Bottom