lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buya27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am going to ch as nge from florescent lighting to led full spectrum lighting. My question is how far should I have the light from the water. Next what should my wattage be. The tank is a 55 gl 4 ft w by 2 ft d by 2ft h. Now where should the temp be for live coral... thanks for the help

I am going to ch as nge from florescent lighting to led full spectrum lighting. My question is how far should I have the light from the water. Next what should my wattage be. The tank is a 55 gl 4 ft w by 2 ft d by 2ft h. Now where should the temp be for live coral... thanks for the help

use 2 dimmable 120 watt led fixtures from ebay. most people call them the taotronics fixture. There is a guy supermart168 on ebay that has really good prices. I keep my leds 10-12" off the water just to keep moisture out of the housing. You should run your reef tank at about 75*F-80*F (I run my tanks at 78*) You just don't want the temperature to swing more than 2 degrees at a time so set your heater at whatever temperature you tank gets to during the day minus 2 degrees and that should get you close. tinkering with it from there will get it right. My tank only swing .7 degrees from day to night

Back
Top Bottom