Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
i will PM u on that .
what is face book and where do i go to get it?

as for the CPR refuge and CPR bak-Pac Reef ready skimmer. i like them alot. i used a Wet-dry filter on my 55g before i had to tear it down do to weight on the floor. i didnt want it to go through and hurt some one down stairs lol that might hurt. but i got to say i am not one for the wet-dry filter. dont get me wrong it did a great job of keeping my nitrates down but as for mechanical filtration it sucked. it was like the overflow would only pick up debrie that floated right in front of it and everything else settled to the bottom and at the time i didnt have a clean up crew because of my N.Trigger, lionfish and puffer. i had them for years in that tank and i always seem to be vacuuming up the excess food every time i fed them.

but with this refuge i have a small water pump in the main tank that pumps 200gph and i always see it sucking in extra food and waste. the cool thing about my refuge is it is set up so theres not alot of movement in it and it gives time for the waste and food to settle to the bottom of the refuge where my hermits and snails eat it all up. i even have some cheto in there for nitrate help also.
as for the skimmer. well the skimmer should idealy be on the main tank. but i ran out of room due to the fact my light takes up 2/3s of my space on top. but i been producing some fair amount of skim off it. i dont have a big bio-load yet so i wont get much i only have 2 fish both are Oclowns and 38lbs of live rock plus some in my refuge.
i got to say i will never go back to using a canister or power filter. i get great results with this to quit now lol

If it was not for mistakes we would never get better.
Frogspawn is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com