lighting advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtooutlaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
what kinda of lighting would i need for a 55gal sw. i want to keep fish and some inverts, like zoo's mushrooms, polyps, xenia, stuff like that. i was looking at a 210w pc set up.

A 210w PC would work fine on a 55 gal. You would also be able to keep LPS corals.

Cheers
Steve

I agree with Steve. What kind of fixture were you looking at? CSL makes a nice setup with moonlight that you might want to look into. It would have 65w bulbs in it so you'd actually have 260w.

thanks guys...........anyone know someone whos selling a setup like that used??? im kinda new to the hobby so i would like to save alil money here until i get better at it.

Not sure about a used one. You should check the sponsor forum for deals...you might be surprised what you can buy a new one for. For a used one...possibly place a request in the classifieds forum?

ahh just buy a 2x250w MH setup for about 190.00 shipped from Cool touch lighting on ebay and get 2 10k Xm MH bulbs from MarineDepot.com for about 65.00ea
and build yourself a canopy.. All and all With the lighting and bulbs without building a canopy you would be looking at about 320.00 shipped..

HTH,
James

Back
Top Bottom