lighting and time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Gillman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently I am starting actinic at six am with mh on an hour later.The mh's go off at seven pm and the actinis at eight with ambient light I.E tv,lamps etc.till maybe ten or so.Also just installed my first wet /dry setup any advice? Lightin is 2x250 w mh 14 k,4x24 t5 super blue actinic hanging 18 inches abve waterline. need to know a good light time cycle.TIA

I dont have MH`s like you do but I have VHO set up. I have my actinics come on at 10A and then my 50/50 (white lights) come on at 11A. The 50/50`s go off at 9P and then the actinics go off at 10P. That`s just my cycle. I try to have the actinics on first and off last.

12 hres may be a bit much for MH's. Are you up that early in the day...6am. you might want to start the light cycle a little later in the day,, say 9am or 10am, run the MH from 10 or 11am to 5 or 6pm and then the T5's finish off till 8pm-10pm depending on when you go to bed. That way you can enjoy viewing your fishtank.

Back
Top Bottom