lighting cycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how long does everyone keep thier lights on? my wife and i are new to the hobby and are just starting our set up. we will have a 29 gallon with 60lbs live sand , 40lbs live rock. our lighting is a current USA 2 x 65 watt. one bulb is a 50/50 10,000k / 6500k and the other is a dual actininc. we are not looking to keep any coral right now. but would like a clown anenome combo after a few months of running our tank with inverts and possibly a christmas wrasse. i also have the lunar light in the hood. how long should that be on? should i run the actininc by itself for an hour before and after the daylight bulb comes on?

thanks in advance
steve

I run my atnics exactly as you said, setting them and hour before and after the 50/50 (mine are VHO atnic white, which are half and half as well) comes on. My lunar light runs when the atnics go out until they come back on. So I guess you could say there is some form of light on all the time

Hi, and welcome to AA!! :D I have my actinic set to come on at 11 am and off at 11 pm. My 10,000K come on at noon and off at 10 pm. Moonlights on 24/7. Lando

Before you get an anemone check and see if thats enough light for the one you want. Most anemones require good lighting.
My FOWLR light on at 8 off at 9pm

thanks for the info guys. i am sure i will be back a few times along the way for more help. today we are adding water to our tank. live sand some time this week. baby steps!!

thanks again
steve

Back
Top Bottom