Lighting for FOWLR to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm still in the planning stages of a 40 gallon FOWLR build, eventually I want to start adding some low light corals. I know I want the new Current USA Orbit Marine LED light fixture. It has the 30 minute ramp timers on both daylight and moonlight modes, while being able to adjust intensity on both modes as well. I was told by Current's customer support that this light would do great for low-med light corals with an 18" deep tank.

My question is if someday down the road I want corals that need a higher light output, is there simple bare-bones (read:cheap) light fixture that I could put on a $20 home depot timer that will provide the added light I need, and still allow me to keep using the Orbit Marine fixture and all it's neat features? The Orbit Marine is about $200, so I'm thinking if I could get the same light, without all the timer and intensity bells and whistles for $100 I could have the best of both worlds. Also, a 24v 72w (or less) fixture/strip would be better for me, as I already have a single ramp timer that I could use.

Back
Top Bottom