Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moo33284

Aquarium Advice Activist
For a 75g I want to turn intoa reef tank...what type of lights do I need? I already have a 48" 10k blue actinic and a random white light that came with the tank. Can anyone explain what lights do what? And what the best set up would be?

Thanks

There isn't really a "best", but LEDs are taking bet. Thy have less power consumption, less heat, and strong light. It depends in what corals you want too.

Someone was telling me there are individual lights for color and others for growth. What did he mean by that? There isn't one that just does it all?

Ecotech radion, aqua illumination Vega, Taotronics led here's three that do it all.

I think whoever was saying some are for growth and others are for color were talking about making your own lights out of individual leds...and even then its not entirely true.
Ecoxotic makes individual bars of different color lights such as white, blue, purple..in that case you would need some of each, depending on your tank

Back
Top Bottom