Lighting help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiiDsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to get an 18" led light for my tank that I plan on putting coral and anemones is my question is would this work?

3 watt LED
1700 Lumen
7x 10000K LEDs
3x Actinic 460nm LEDs

Its hard to tell whats sufficient without PAR meters to tell. It also depends pn what type of coral you want to keep.

Its hard to tell whats sufficient without PAR meters to tell. It also depends pn what type of coral you want to keep.

Par meters? and well mainly mushrooms feather dusters some polyps and some anemones for my clowns

Is that 3 watts per led or a total of 3 watts?

Can you post a link to the led unit?

This is the light :/

Attachments

• image-3409150782.jpg
    image-3409150782.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 58
http://www.inda-gro.com/pdf/aquarium-lighting.pdf

Check it out. Its a device that measures the "intensity" of your lights at whatver depth you need.

Well I want to get some feather dusters and a couple anemones ( bubble tip, purple long tent and green long tent) coral wise candy cane coral, neon green favia, green alveopora ,Green plant coral ,Red War Coral these are just some I'm interested in getting

I dont think you can keep an anemone or many types of coral under that light.
It saids that it's a "3 watt led". But it doesn't say if it's 3 watts per bulb or 3 watts in total. However based on the price of the product (around $40 on ebay), I'm guessing that it's 3 watts total. Even if you have a shallow tank, you won't be able to keep something that demands a lot of light like an anemone. You might be able to keep mushrooms though.

It saids that it's a "3 watt led". But it doesn't say if it's 3 watts per bulb or 3 watts in total. However based on the price of the product (around $40 on ebay), I'm guessing that it's 3 watts total. Even if you have a shallow tank, you won't be able to keep something that demands a lot of light like an anemone. You might be able to keep mushrooms though.

What if I get 2

It's a 29 biocube I believe it's 18L 14w 16h

It's a 29 biocube I believe it's 18L 14w 16h

I dont think even 2 will be strong enough. Anemones need a lot of light. For that size of a tank, I'd recommend getting 2 ecoxotic panarama pro (not the stunners), or getting a jbj unibody.

You could probably grow a lot types of coral with 1 ecoxotic, but you probably need 2 for the anemone.

I just messages him each led is 3 watts

I just messages him each led is 3 watts

if that's the case, then i think one can support low light demanding coral. I'm not sure if even 2 will support an anemone. But im weary of the price. $40 is cheap for a unit that's using 3watt led bulbs.

if that's the case, then i think one can support low light demanding coral. I'm not sure if even 2 will support an anemone. But im weary of the price. $40 is cheap for a unit that's using 3watt led bulbs.

I work at a LFS where we sell the product is actually discounted you he has an overwhelming amount in stock I see the exact one for sale for alot more money

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be able to keep high-light corals with 2 of those lights BUT you more than likely will have to place hem higher up, closer to the light. This would limit your placement options

Back
Top Bottom