Lighting on my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those two look dangerously close to odyssea. Not a good brand as they are just cheap and not very good quality. Never heard anything good about them either.

Best to stay with a trusted name like Current USA or Coralife. As Mike and TC suggested, retrofits are the way to go if cost is an issue.

Just a word of caution
I wouldnt buy odyssea MH. They have had a history of fires. Rumored to be repaired but who knows. I use their T5HOs and I had to mod it to be safe.

well crap. I guess I will just have to save money. I really would rather have a closed better looking one than one that looks like I made it in the garage haha.

I redid the post above. That is basically what Mike (melosu58.) has and should be good. You could get 2 if needed. You can just build a canopy for the tank or just buy one. Building a canopy isn't all that hard if you have the plans.

ya true. I might do that. Im still confused on how to order that lol there is like drop down menus for bulbs and stuff.... What else would I need?

I keep looking back at the T5 I originally posted. Could you guys let me know what I could keep with it? What would I need to keep in the upper half of the tank and what could I put lower?

Also im probably going to have a 2-3 inch sand bed so that makes it only 17" to the bottom. I hope that T5 will be good. :)

Just a word of caution
I wouldnt buy odyssea MH. They have had a history of fires. Rumored to be repaired but who knows. I use their T5HOs and I had to mod it to be safe.

They have since switched to electronic ballast's, their magnetic ones were the cause of the fires, way back when (06 I believe). Just a little FYI.

Odyssea seems to be hit or miss; Some people love them, some people hate them. I file them under don't knock it till you try it... but then again I don't like Krispy Kreame when everyone else does ;)

They have since switched to electronic ballast's, their magnetic ones were the cause of the fires, way back when (06 I believe). Just a little FYI.

Odyssea seems to be hit or miss; Some people love them, some people hate them. I file them under don't knock it till you try it... but then again I don't like Krispy Kreame when everyone else does ;)
Well, I do enjoy my T5s. Dont know that I needed to mod it, just did it from stories I have read online.
(Dont like Krispy Kreme either, bad after taste)

I like that! Taste good, but not for long.............

Back
Top Bottom