Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1106.gif
Anemones are very difficult to keep. You should not try to keep any anemones until you have at least a years experience keeping other photosynthetic inverts and your tank has matured for at least one year.
1106.gif

The VHO or the PC's will provide enough light for an anemone.

What are other options of inverts? How long would you wait for coral? I am in no hurry for coral just curious how long to wait?

According to the measurements of the VHO's they would be abput 2 1/2" away from the tank?

Do I need a fan?

Other options for inverts would include corals, LPS, softies, and coralimorphs (shrooms). You should wait until the tank is done cycling and you have your rock (not necessary to have it all, but if you don't wait, you'll have to cure new rock in a seperate container). I have run VHO's as close a 1" from the waters surface, and yes you will more than likely need a fan.

I'm in no hurry, just curious.

I received my LR on saturday and put it in a can and I am curing it. I checked my ammonia yesterday and was suprised to see it was barely above .25. I'm due to change the water wednesday. When the ammonia is 0 is it ok to put in the tank? I will have a total of 52lbs. Is this enough?

Also what the heck is this thing on my LR. There are a couple of them. I was looking at it and all the sudden it retracted back into a stemlike root. I have a couple of these. Are they featherdusters?

Once the ammonia and nitrite have reached 0 (and remained there for at least a couple of days) it is safe to put in the tank.

The pic looks like it could be the tube of a clacerous tube worm (AKA feather duster) and it acts like a tube worm.

Back
Top Bottom