Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey if I get a t5 4 bulb fixture and each bulb doing 54 W so a total of 216 W is that going to be enough for nems and corals?

Yep just s normal 75. I'm really looking for a 72 bow front but I guess that light would be just fine for that also

If I wanted to buy a fixture for a 75g I would go with a 6 bulb indivudual reflector model. While the 4 bulb is great for a 55g I think if you want nems and other high light things the 6 bulb is the way to go.

Just my opinion. :)

What if I got two of the 4 bulb t5's I found a person on craigslist that has two for a very good price but if I could only get one then i was going to do that but i can get both if needed. Or could that be to much? Is there such a thing as to much

you'd have to make sure the balasts were the same and they have the same reflectors. i would agree carey but a 6 lamp is a little to much for some softies, with a 4 lamp you can have your SPS and nems closer to the light and have your LPS and leathers closer to the bottom. just be sure to get quality lamps and you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom