Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pc201

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm upgrading to a 75 gal rimless can't decide on what lights to get I've talked to my lfs and they recommended me to stick with t5's with led accent lights

It all depends on what you are planning on putting in your tank. I wouldn't recommend and Clams, SPS or Nems without MH lighting or some of the newer LEDs.

Being totally honest, if you want any type of coral with the price of the chinese knock-off LEDs there is no reason to buy anything else. Under 200 bucks and can keep any coral you want and shouldn't have to replace the LED panel for ~10 years...

+1 I've got three over my 180 and there insanely bright I got them for $157.00 each on e bay

Thanks for the info for the 75 I will only need 2 right ??

I use ecoray60D. They were 350$ each but have maintained my corals well for a year. Even a few sps

Not sure on length hopefully I'll be picking it up this wknd

OniTweak said:
It all depends on what you are planning on putting in your tank. I wouldn't recommend and Clams, SPS or Nems without MH lighting or some of the newer LEDs.

T5's are fine. I had 6 80 watts over my 120 and I had to take one out cause they were bleaching my acros

Back
Top Bottom