Lighting Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvijay07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I also see that some Corals are mentioned as needing low light. Can I just keep Corals only in a tank with just regular room light ? Can any fish be kept in such a tank ?

Thanks.

Vijay

Fish can and possibly some non photosynthetic corals, but to be honest non photosynthetic corals are only recommended for advanced reefers.

So, can I get away with no lighting ? Or how much minimum lighting will I need for the minimum ? Will incandescent be OK ? Thanks.

Vijay

For a 5 gal tank, I think thats what your wanting to do. Of wich I have to say that size is highly unrecommended for a saltwater beginner. the water conditions will fluxuate alot and could cause serious stability problems.

I would get a 15W power compact florecent fixture. This would allow you to keep some low light mushrooms and leathers.

what you have to remember here is that all of these corals natural home is in the ocean around the tropics where the sun is the most intense.

Back
Top Bottom