lighting question, can you have too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also the snails i purchased yesterday are doing nothing... well 5 out of 6 are doing nothing... just sitting in one spot all together, there is one lone snail that is eating algae off a rock... what's up with that!!!

reverse osmosis -deionized. if you are going to stay in this hobby, you should buy your own R.O.D.I unit and make your own water. it's cheaper and you can be sure it's quality.
this should work for you-
Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Mighty Mite 50GPD with DI Added
well, if it's long, green, hair-like strands, it's either hair algae or bryopsis. bryopsis can be eradicated by raising the magnesium levels with kent tech-m. i have seen this first hand. it can't be any magnesium additive- it must be the kent product.
i only had to raise my mag level to 1600 and it withered away.

some snails take a while to acclimate. they will get moving soon, but don't get excited if they don't eat the hair algae.

well, if it's long, green, hair-like strands, it's either hair algae or bryopsis. bryopsis can be eradicated by raising the magnesium levels with kent tech-m. i have seen this first hand. it can't be any magnesium additive- it must be the kent product.
i only had to raise my mag level to 1600 and it withered away.

it's not long at all... but could that be because it's just starting? how long before the strands are long?

also thanks for the advice on the ro... the lfs charges $1.75 per gallon which is a lot of money when filling or doing water changes... i just figured knowing spending the money went with the hobby :) but i would love to save a little for corals

Back
Top Bottom