lighting question, can you have too much light?
my lighting system is asunpod metal halide reef lite (1x 150 watt bulbs)
12x sunrise/lunar leds, and i am wondering if this is too much light?
the guy that had the tank before us had the lights had them hanging from the celing above his tank, but because we had vaulted celings we used the little feet that the lights came with where the lights are directly above the tank
we have a little purple mushroom that we moved a couple of days ago on to a rock closer to the lights, it started shriveling up pretty quick... we then moved the mushroom closer to the bottom of the tank and it perked right up
well, yesterday we purchased a bubble anenomne and 2 clown fish, and when we put the anenomne in the tank we had the lights on and he started shriveling up... we worried that the transport kind of shocked him, but later that evening when we turned the lights off he opened right up and looked happy as a clam (or anenomne hehehe) and did great all night and looked great this am... but as soon as i turned the lights back on today he shriveled right up again!! quickly!! is this too much light??
i know anenomne move to a place that suits them, but he seems really happy in the crevece we placed him in on the rock, and dosn't look like he is going anywhere, but i don't want him to burn up from lights or anything...
do i need to find a way to hang the lights like the other guy did? is this just coincedence? is there such thing as too much??