Lighting Questions`

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in the 55 you could get away with a 4x54 t5ho(6x is better though) but in a 75, due to depth I would go with the MH.JMO

in the 55 you could get away with a 4x54 t5ho(6x is better though) but in a 75, due to depth I would go with the MH.JMO

I am going all out on the lighting. I want good lighting. But anyway the height of a 55g is 21" and the 75g is 21 3/8". Does a 3/8" really make that much of a difference?

your right I was thinking a 90 which is still 48" just taller.
If your going "all out" you can get the t5ho/MH/ led combo lights with internal cooling fans.$$$

I am going all out on the lighting. I want good lighting. But anyway the height of a 55g is 21" and the 75g is 21 3/8". Does a 3/8" really make that much of a difference?
3/8 ths wont make a difference, I'd go with Zach's recommendation of a six bulb unit.

your right I was thinking a 90 which is still 48" just taller.
If your going "all out" you can get the t5ho/MH/ led combo lights with internal cooling fans.$$$
I like this better but then there is the (PRICE) and the issue of heat. The cooling fans are cooling the fixture and not doing anything for the heat transfer to the water which will have to be dealt with, but they sure do look nice;)

Any links to a good light. I can't find anything on the light.

Thats great, i dont want to spend 529$ but i might chip out for the other 1. I wanted to stay under 400 but i might chip the money out for that one.

Quick question i forgot. Does the USA nova extreme give out a ton of heat? Also i bet to replace all the bulbs on that sucker must cost 1000 dollars.

i wouldnt say a ton of heat, but more than flourescent lights.
If your trying to save money stay with the retrofits, works better if you have a canopy
T5HO bulbs only cost $20-$40

i wouldnt say a ton of heat, but more than flourescent lights.
If your trying to save money stay with the retrofits, works better if you have a canopy
T5HO bulbs only cost $20-$40
I caught a sale at DRs for 11 bucks a bulb, so I bought 8.

Look at the lighting requirements for it. You can also experiment and place it somewhere, if it seems unhappy, move it farther up. I'm sure others have better advice. I'm 100% sure that that fixture can handle/support any and every coral you can get your hands on. You may not see all the super fast growth that you will with metal halide, but you will get growth.

Look at the lighting requirements for it. You can also experiment and place it somewhere, if it seems unhappy, move it farther up. I'm sure others have better advice. I'm 100% sure that that fixture can handle/support any and every coral you can get your hands on. You may not see all the super fast growth that you will with metal halide, but you will get growth.
Shouldn't be a problem, the tank is only 21" High.

Back
Top Bottom