Lighting Questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess I should have asked the questions. First I understand that 4-5 watts per gal. but this wattage should be broken down in what way. I have a 90 gal tank with a over dose of wattage. I have two 110's and 2 250's. looking to bring it down to maybe the 2 110's making both of them Actinic. and then just one 250 MH.

first let me ask whats in the tank ? any clams sps ?? the watt per gallon is really just a basic guide to say the least ! i would switch the 2 vho's to 03' for sure but leave the mh !! are you running into any issues with the light ya have now and if so what are they ?

the two VHO's are Coralife 10,000k High-intensity purified super daylight lamp and a 100% actinic 03 blue.

oh and its a new tank thats gone through a Algea blum. Just now starting to clear up after 3 weeks of it.
tanks been up and running for 7 weeks now.

Any particular reason you want to reduce the lighting?

Was told I had too much. If I dont need to reduce the lighting. then how long should I run. Maybe run VHO's for longer then the MH?

Sounds like you have just the right amount of light to me. You could try running the halides for 10 hrs and the VHO actinics for an extra hour on each side.

I agree that you have a good lighting system. I would have both VHO's as actinics though. There are several members who are running a 2x250MH setup over 55 gal tanks with good results.

just opinion here, but i like the URI bulbs better than coralife, so if ur having any problems, u might try those

Back
Top Bottom