Lighting T5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok also, heres another delema. I have a freakin bar right in the middle of the tank. Should i just saw that **** off so i can get the 48" fixture? Or am i would i be better off getting 2 24"s which i kinda dont want to do.

Ok also, heres another delema. I have a freakin bar right in the middle of the tank. Should i just saw that **** off so i can get the 48" fixture? Or am i would i be better off getting 2 24"s which i kinda dont want to do.
Usually the 48s mount on the edge of the tank and are held above the bar and water.;)

The bar is the center brace that helps keep the tank from bowing.
Yeah, the light has brackets to hold it above that.

nep_sideview.jpg

Ok, but wont the intensity of the lights burn through the plastic? And if not.. then wont i have a big black shadow in the middle of the tank where the bar is?

Ok, but wont the intensity of the lights burn through the plastic? And if not.. then wont i have a big black shadow in the middle of the tank where the bar is?
It won't burn the plastic the bulbs don't get hot enough as far as the shadow I seriously doubt if it would be visible it's not on my 55 albeit I only have around 70 watts of t8.

Alright then, we'll just have to see what happens. :) Thanks guys.

That's the beauty of T-5's, they don't put out that much heat. I have heard of MH lights being hung to low and melting that stress bar. By no means remove that bar. Your tank could fail and you would end up with water all over your floors.

That's the beauty of T-5's, they don't put out that much heat. I have heard of MH lights being hung to low and melting that stress bar. By no means remove that bar. Your tank could fail and you would end up with water all over your floors.

I totally agree. Our 6 bulb fixture runs much cooler than the power compacts we used to have on the 20 gallon.

Linksyz: Our 50 gallon also has a bar in the middle. Take a look at our pics and you'll notice that there is no shadow from the bar from our lights.

Back
Top Bottom