An update, sort of. If people don't reply here I might start a new thread...
...So in the video above, I don't know if you can tell but the PH I was using was an AquaClear 20. I don't remember how I got it, but I had it lying around so I decided to use it. I'm running into the problem that there's junk getting stuck in the intake of the powerhead and I have to clear it off to get it to work again. It's in sort of an inconvenient place, so I'd like to not have to do that.
I don't know much about this type of powerhead, so I don't know if I should just replace it, or try to put some sort of mesh screen around the intake. I have Koralias in the display tank and I'm very happy with them, I'd just rather have a smaller PH like this one. If I should just chuck this one and rearrange everything in the refugium so this one fits then let me know.
Maybe I'll post more pics or another video if I can, it can get a little tight down there though...