Lighting/tumbling for chaeto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep up the good work. Always spend time looking at your AQ. It's exciting to see new life.....

An update, sort of. If people don't reply here I might start a new thread...

...So in the video above, I don't know if you can tell but the PH I was using was an AquaClear 20. I don't remember how I got it, but I had it lying around so I decided to use it. I'm running into the problem that there's junk getting stuck in the intake of the powerhead and I have to clear it off to get it to work again. It's in sort of an inconvenient place, so I'd like to not have to do that.

I don't know much about this type of powerhead, so I don't know if I should just replace it, or try to put some sort of mesh screen around the intake. I have Koralias in the display tank and I'm very happy with them, I'd just rather have a smaller PH like this one. If I should just chuck this one and rearrange everything in the refugium so this one fits then let me know.

Maybe I'll post more pics or another video if I can, it can get a little tight down there though...

You should be able to slow the flow of the PH so that it won't suck larger material into the intake.

Back
Top Bottom