lights good enough gor anemone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 90 gal.tank with compact fluorescent lights( 4-65 W ). Are those lights good enough to keep anemone? I really want to by one for my maroon clown.If not what kind i should buy in the future? Thanks.:)

I would say no, considering the depth of a 90g tank. CF lighting is pretty weak.
Also, there is no guarantee the clown will go into the anemone.

I too would say no. I would also say you should leave the anemones where they belong, in the sea. I've had two. One died because I had similar lightinig to yours. I got another after my upgrade to MH lights and it lived a couple of years, got huge and died within days of a feeding. My clowns now host one or the other of my hammer corals. They don't need an anemone.

I agree.

CF lighting just doesn't have the intensity that an anemone needs. I wouldn't put an anemone in a tank without MH lighting. I have had 2 anemones as well. The first one was a LTA that got too large for my tank so I returned it to the LFS. The second (which I currently have) is a RBTA. At first my clowns ignored it and then they decided to check it out. Now they love it. It is hit or miss with them hosting an anemone.

Back
Top Bottom