lion's and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Symon1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75gallon tank that has cycled it is filtering with a fluval 404 and a maxi jet 400 sending currnet across the bottom. I'm going to add a protien skimmer in the next couple of weeks. I've also got 45lbs of tufa being seeded by a couple of pounds of live rock.

I read an article here say I could keep to volitan lionfish in this tank comfortably.

now for the questions.

1.can I house the two lions?
2.can I keep anything else with them in this system?
3.how should I set up the rock to make them the happiest?
4.I'd like to add a sump would this help and does anyone have a simple sump design?
5.how noisy are sumps this tank is in my libary?

1. No
2. You can as long as it can't fit in the lions mouth.
3. Some tend to like hiding spots.

Volitans get very big, and like to eat live food. They are also very sensitive to ammonia. You might want to think about a dwarf instead.

If you go with the volitans, I would only add one. They require 50 to themselves for one adult fish. Lions grow pretty quickly also.
You might be able to keep one other fish in with the volitans. As long as it's going to stay large enough not to be a snack. Maybe one of the larger angels or a foxface (also venomous).
Landscaping should have caves and resting spots. Lions like to hang upside down under the rockwork.
A sump would help, can't help you with a design but if you do a search for DIY sumps, I'm sure you'll get lots of info.
Just as a side note, (and some may disagree) with a 30-50 gal sump, you might get away with keeping two volitans in the tank.
Good luck.

do with a volitan and a snowflake eel... this si the setup I have and they respect eachother and have no probs

Dave

We had a volitan, porcupine puffer, and a humu trigger in the same 90g and they got along great.

Back
Top Bottom