live - how much to start tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauls Aquariums

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i got the thirty gal ready to go and put some live rock in, but heres the situation, i have a whole bunch of dead rock that used to be live in there now, about 20 pounds of it. How much live rock should i get, to get the tank started?

Recommended 1.5to 2pounds per gallon. I've never went by that myself personal preference is what I've always done if you have to cram ur tank full your not gonna like it anyway. You will want some new just to re populate your dry rock

Recommended 1.5to 2pounds per gallon. I've never went by that myself personal preference is what I've always done if you have to cram ur tank full your not gonna like it anyway. You will want some new just to re populate your dry rock
+ 1 ,,scape it to your liking and don't be overly concerned with lbs. per gallon..just throw a couple of live pieces in and it will seed the rest

alright cool, everythings good so im gonna go get some live rock today. how long does ot usually take for live rock to seed the dead rock

It just depends the bacteria will grow rapidly the critters probably a few months they will expand just give it some time

You don't necessarily need to go buy a live rock. Just cycle your tank with the 20lbs of rocks that you already have and then it will become "live". Its fun getting a new live rock though.

Back
Top Bottom