Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chance mac8

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is the best live rock that I can get for my tank, and where can I get it the cheapest. I'm starting a 75 gallon tank and I need some live rock

I would get dry/base rock, since it is much cheaper, and then a few small pieces of actual live rock. I would order about 50 pounds of Pukani Dry Rock on www.bulkreefsupply.com and then pick up maybe 5 pounds of live rock from your LFS. Pukani looks natural, is cheap, and it does not weigh very much.

How long will it take the dry rock or base rock to look as good as the live rock?

depends what type of live rock you put in to seed the dry rock and how established it is

it is the pods and drifferent critters that cause all the pitts and tunnels in the live rock so that is what it really comes down to

Gti_Leo said:
depends what type of live rock you put in to seed the dry rock and how established it is

it is the pods and drifferent critters that cause all the pitts and tunnels in the live rock so that is what it really comes down to

Thanks

Yeah, online pukani is $3 a pound too. But at my LFS, pukani is like $7 a pound, so I am ordering from BRS.

Back
Top Bottom