Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevinalewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
When setting up a reef tank do u want to set up the live rock differently? Right now I have my rock set up where the fish can swim all the way around it and thru them. Just asking cause I've only got a few frags and before I add anymore I want to set it up right. Thanks for all your help :)

It's really all up to you as to how you want to rockscape your tank. Some folks like making caves, others like mountains, etc. As long as there are places for your fish to hide around/in; you should be fine.

Kevinalewis said:
When setting up a reef tank do u want to set up the live rock differently? Right now I have my rock set up where the fish can swim all the way around it and thru them. Just asking cause I've only got a few frags and before I add anymore I want to set it up right. Thanks for all your help :)

Here's a pic of how it's set up right now

image-3140533112.jpg

Just wondering cause the way it's set up now seems like it's hard to find places to set frags or in the future corals.

looks good to me. Enough hiding spots and some flat/shelf pieces for a lot of coral frags etc. Nice rockwork =)

Thanks, also I know UR not suppose to stir up the sand at bottom of tank but what's the best way to keep it clean? I have several snails, and hermits. I also have a fighting conch that I purchased a month ago and he hasn't moved. When I put him in tank he buried himself and doesn't move. I've uncovered him to make sure he alive and he is. ???

As long as you aren't tossing alot of sand up into the water column and clouding it, you can sift the sand a bit... just do it carefully and vacume slowly.

when you do your pwc, you can skim the surface of the sand to keep it clean. Just don't stir it up.

anywhwere a frag will fit you can put one, you could mount it on the side of a rock sideways or on top

Back
Top Bottom