live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. I've just put some live rock in my tank and to my surprise theres little bugs running in and out of the holes and there's a red thing popped out a tube (I'll put a picture of that)

This is all well and good but my tank is in early stages of cycling is this life going to die off because I wouldn't mind being able to keep it if I can as I'm sure they will benefit my tank in the long run.

ForumRunner_20131220_135439.jpg

What is this red thing? It came out about an hour after I put them in my tank.

Thanks for any help

How can I keep it alive? Or will it just eat the waste in the water also foes this look like ok live rock to you guys?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131220_214149.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131220_214149.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 107
feather dusters are filter feeders they live on whats in the water they will die off than in time they may come back , there also a pain when they grow all over rocks and die off since the tubs in my perspective are ugly

Ah ok. Im only cycling mine so hopefully there benefit the tank as it goes through its process. Thanks for the reply everyone on this forum is very helpfully.

I'm new to saltwater so expect some dumb questions :)

they will appear than disappear than reappear as they will grow any where even on the glass , my hermits ate most of the dead tubs but there's still tons

Back
Top Bottom