live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they differ in both look and life. (because it is the life that causes the look :wink: )

If you talk to the LR.com guys they'll be able to give you their insight into the differences you can expect.

as i see other ppl gave comments about LR.com. Rocks that they ship will contain livestock. i have a newly set up tank and it's only been 3 days. i was wondering, will the livestockS that come with the package able to survive in my tank?

When i got my rock from LR.com everything survived the cycle that i know of...star fish, snails, crabs, pencil urchin etc.

Just a quick explenation from my view. LR.com has great rock whichever type you get. The keys rock will have the most color from coralline etc. and some nice hitchers, while the gulf will have some color and a ton of hitchers hiding inside. The base rock will even have some color and hitchers from what I have seen from my base. I used it to cycle and got a high spike due to dieing sponge on a rock and everything fared well in my tank. HTH

i only use sand substrate for my tank.. sometimes there are some sands on the rocks. is that going to be ok? should i clean up (salt water) them?
i heard that if you have sand on the rocks.. it's going to affect the algea or reefs that on the rocks.

Sand on the rocks can give algae a place to start. Most use a turkey baster to blast this loose sand away from the rocks from time to time. That way, you can leave everything in place.

Back
Top Bottom