live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you can. You want to leave enough swimming room for your fish, but go for the look that makes you happy. The more the better IMO. I have 2 pds per gallon, and want to get a little more. :wink:

I had roughly 60lbs of live rock in a 20 high when it started it cycled fast got stable fast and my levels never really jumped around.

when I started adding corals I just took it out and set up another tank with the rock I took out of it.... now I've got a 10 gallon that has at least 20lbs in it.

so, yeah you can add whatever you want really.....

You can put in as much as you want. I have over 140lbs in my 72gal and I am looking at ways of adding more.

Check the posters name........

So, what does "16" have to do with anything?? :roll:

Oh yeah, I see it now. Funny, I remember reading that the post was from Minnesota, and I'm thinking how cold it might be. Never looked at the name. Duh.

i am going to start with fowlr in a 75 gal and then move to reef, with a protein skimmer with a sump (put more lr in the sump) and a magunm 350 for mechanical filtertration

The 16 is for the day of my birthday and my age

Kool!

I think the minimum I'd want would be for 1.5 lbs per gallon. By the time you add new coral down the road, you'll be adding more rock most likely and easily get it up to around 2 lbs per.

Turned 16 on the 16th, huh? You know, you'll never be able to do that again. :wink:

Good luck.

wil lets just say i will turn 61 on the 45 day after my bday which would be someday in june :D lol

Just forget about months and just think about days and you will get it

Back
Top Bottom