live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay917

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you buy bad live rock? Is there live rocks that cannot grow the corline algae?

Coraline algae must exist b4 it can duplicate or grow... if you buy LR and it doesnt have any coraline on it, it most likely wont grow... Go to the LFS and pick out agood piece that has alot on it and eventually it will grow into the tank... have patience! it takes a a while.

Another thing you can do is to seed your tank with coraline, find someone whose tank has alot of coraline and see if they will scrape some of it off their glass for you. Another option would be to see if they will allow you to put a small piece of glass or something similar in their tank for the coraline to grow on so you can transfer it back to your tank. If you already have some coraline you can place a powerhead near it to help spread it or you can make a few scrapings and let the flow distribute it around your tank. HTH, Skip

i wondering the same i bought some fiji rock from premium aquatics and i've had it for a little over a month now and nothing but an isopod so far no coraline. oh and thanks for the info on how to get some.

Back
Top Bottom