Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Live rock and lighting

I am in the middle of setting up my 29 gallon tank. Right now i have 20 lbs of LR under 40 watts of 10k PC lighting in a 10 gallon tank. I will not have a good light for the 29 gallon for about 2.5 weeks. ATM it has a normal fluorescant tube light over it, like 20 watts of 6500K. Would it be ok to switch LR over to the new tank, and to order the new LR for it? Or should I wait until I have the lighting as well?

I also have a piece of ricordia, would it suffer under lesser lighting for a little while?

Jarred Darque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
The rock will be ok under the light but the ricordia will not be a happy camper! I would leave it and a piece or 2 of rock in the 10g with the higher light until you get new lighting for the 29!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK thanks, the rock is fully cured, have had it for a few months, so I guess the quistion is, right now I have the domino damsel, 2 lbs of LR, and 5 lbs of LS with the 40lbs of sand in the 29 gallon.

The 10 gallon as 19 lbs of LR, the ricordia, most of the clean up crew (2 hermies and 2 nessarius in the 29 already) and 2 o. clowns in it.

I am thinking that once I get hte PHs in afew days, I move all but a few lbs of LR to the 29 gallon, move most of the remaining cleaning crew to the 29, both o. clowns, leaving the ricordia, 2-3 lbs of LR and a a hermie or 2 in the 10 gallon and a nessarius snail. And possibly move hte damsel back to the 10 for some ammonia input? Does this sound like it should be fine?
Jarred Darque is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting, live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com