Live rock and ordering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In planning a 100 gallon reef, and that requires 100 pounds of live Rock.
So what websites have you ordered from and what have you received?
I simply can't afford to buy it all from my lfs since that's around 6 a pound.
I was thinking about some from live aquaria, opinions?
Please share good and bad, this is my next step.

I only have a 29 gallon so I just bought live rock but I have heard that base rock is cheaper and can be mixed in with live rock to reduce cost, over time the base rock will " become" live rock.

I haven't done this so please correct me if I wrong, but from what I understand this is how artificial live rock is made.

Maybe I would have gotten more responses if I hadn't have posted that at one am. Lol.

Dunno. Many posts I do get hardly any response lol. Seems like unless it's an ick question, tang in a 55 gal debate, or a help me with a new tank setup, responses are slow lmao.

if I put in caps "BLUE TANG IN A TEN GALLON" as the title and then ask my question, maybe I'll get more responses? Lol.

I think all the information you need has already been posted, i dont know what your complaint is about...

Dont buy 100 pounds of LIVE rock. Its simply a waste of money. Buy 80 or so pounds of BASE rock (reefrocks.com has great prices) and the rest LIVE rock. It will all become live rock eventually.

Or you can drop 600-700 dollars and buy all live rock, i definitly wouldnt.

A late post I guess was the reason for the slow response. But I agree with Nu-Nu about the base rock / live rock split.

Glad to know I was on the right track for my future endeavors.

That's what I think I'll do. Maybe 100 pounds from reef rocks and like 20 pound of live rock from my lfs?

Reefrocks is awesome. Ordered from there recently and everything arrived quickly and in great shape. Also, you can put in request for the size of rocks you want.

Back
Top Bottom