Live Rock delivery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

montero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does someone need to sign for the package when DHL delivers it?
My order is arriving by noon today and I'm already at work. No one is home. 8O

Nobody had to sign for mine, but it probably depends on who sent it and what their requirment are. You can leave a note that releases the package but I guess it's too late now that you're at work.

If your concerned you could call the local DHL office and see if they can get in touch with the driver (i suspect he has already left for deliveries). Ask them if your package was marked as requireing a signature and if so ask if you can wave that requirment over the phone.

I know when I ordered mine, I had to sign but it was very clear at time of ordering that Someone must sign for the delivery.... Good Luck!

Well I went home for lunch and the box was there. :D

I have a question though.

There was some centipede type of creature with it. It was about 3 - 3.5" long. A reddish brown color. When I dropped it in the tank it went scurrying along the sand and hid behind the rocks.

What is it?

I don't think it was a bristleworm. I searched the internet and the pics don't really look like what this thing looks like. It seemed to have a head and a hard shell like casing. And when it scurried across the sand it actually ran on all of it's little tiny legs.
I'll try to get a pic of it and post it tomorrow.

Hmmmmmm. There is a picture of a critter like you are describing in Eric Bornmans book Aquarium Corals... You may want to look there...

Doan

Well I tried to take some pictures yesterday and this thing is just too elusive.

Maybe this will help ID it: it makes a loud clicking sound. When I first heard it I thought my glass was starting to crack or something.
Anyone know what it is now?

When I am expecting an order delivery and I am not going to be home I just print out a page saying that I am getting a delivery and please accept this paper as a signature. I then sign it and hang it on the door. Check to make sure it does not void any type of qarrenty. I know liveaquaria.com wil not honor the 10-day replacement policy if no one is home to receive the package.

OK, I went and looked at pics of the mantis shrimp. That is definitely what I have. It came with my LR from liverocks.com.

Don't try to grab it! it'll getcha good. there are various traps available to purchase or on this site. Just do a search for Mantis trap.

If it makes a loud POP its probably more of a Pistol shrimp.. Did it have one large and one small claw? The mantis fro LR.com are not that noisy but the pistols sure are.. They reall sound like pistols If its a pistol then its safe to be in the tank.. Mantis are not..

James

Back
Top Bottom