Live Rock Dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is my Live Rock dying i seen white spots on it just wondering if it dying off?:n00b:

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 91
When I put mine in sometimes the corraline would turn white but it would soon turn back to the original color. How about some Calcium, Alk ang Magnesium readings.

I don't have a Test kit for that just yet right now I only have A Master Saltwater Kit, I take it I need another kit for what your talking about..... :)

But it also looks like if it rejuvenating itself and producing a fresh coat of Coraline....

:D

That`s good. You can always take it to your LFS and get him to test for those.

Coraline algae can die back and come back again quite often. An urchin will eat it and it will come back. LR really refers to the fact the the rock surfaces are colonized by beneficial bacteria. Unless you have stagnant water in an unfed tank, or take the rock out and let it dry completely, or treat with strong antibiotics that kill all the bacteria the LR won't die.

Yes! It came back looks brighter than ever thou and it's starting to grow more it spreading like a desease...LOL..

Terrific!!!!!

Nice!!!!! My coralline is growing back nicely on my rock...... I can't believe it... Meaning on every piece of rock that I have I also have some growing on my intake tube.....

You'll find it grows pretty quick on plastic!

I actually purchased a bottle of Purple Up. Wether it's a gimmick or not, I cant say. It did seem to jump start my growth though.

Back
Top Bottom