Live Rock feed back...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kempker1498

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am about to purchase 100 pounds of live rock (for my 100 gallon aquarium) from the international marine and fish site suggested in the sticky. I am just making sure people are stillhappy with this company and still getting quality live rock.

Anyone use this company lately? Have a good/bad experience?

The prices is awesome!!

Andrew

Half live and half dry base rock'd be cheaper. Plus you can "assemble" the dry stuff outside the tank, make nice caves, and putty them together. In a few months you won't be able to tell the live rock from the base.

You think I could do 75 pounds of base rock and and 50 pounds of live rick? Will that be ok?

And do I have to let it cycle...the owner of the LFS said if I buy live rock and sand I shouldn't have to let it cycle...I am kinda worried about that, due to all the threads about letting it cycle.

I'd cycle anyway. Sometimes even base rock can cause a small cycle. Some live rock may still have some die off occurring. Brush the base and rinse it well too. I'd cycle it and rather be safe than sorry.

Whatever you do, still test it to see if any ammonia or nitrite show up.

Back
Top Bottom