Live rock from LiveAquaria.com??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered lr from them a while back while they were running this special. It's ok. Had some nice pieces, size and shape wise but, not much life on it. It will also need cured. Took mine almost three weeks to cure.

I got my first batch from them. Agree with Fluff, nice rock but no hitchhikers. Took mine about 2 weeks to cure.
If you want to order from them, take a look also at the Carribean shelf rock. It is awsome for aquascaping. My animals love it, lots of places to hide and many little built in caves. My Coral Beauty and Royal Gramma spend all day just swimming through the caves.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Quarryshark, I like the looks of the Carribean rock. I might have to mix and match. I'm not quite as concerned about the curing process cause I'll be using the LR to cycle a brand new tank. Although, it seems like the more hitchhikers I've got the faster it will cycle to the levels I want it... is that true? Thanks for the tips, guys. This website is such a huge help for me.

That is a good price so go for it. You are in a position where you can cure it in your new tank. If I was adding it to an exsisitng tank I would not get it. I beleive they ship two-day so expect a lot of die-off. If you want hitchhickers and nicer looking rock, order from liverocks.com. Better yet, cycle yr tank with the live aquaria rock and add some from liverocks.com when the cycle is done. You will be getting the best of both worlds.

Go for it . I bought 45lbs from them 3weeks ago. Nice rocks for the price. Took 2 days for dilivery. I'll order some from Liverocks.com later for the hitch hikers. :)

I ordered from www.seatrademarine.com off eBay 50lbs. for $150 free shipping it took 3 days to get here a little long and could have contributed to some dieoff but the rock is good lots off green coralline growing on it no so much purple till I got it in my tank but sorry no hitch hikers.

THeCHEAT-The hitchikers will help some in the cycling process. The die off is what is going to give you the BIG spike in ammonia.HTH-Erik

Back
Top Bottom