Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Live Rock Is In! How does it look?

Hey all, well just got back from the LFS with a box of LR. Popped it all in with a bit of landscaping. Just chasing opionions on how this LR looks as i'm only new to this.

[/img]

Old 10-07-2004, 01:07 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not too bad for LFS LR... most LFS's have kinda substandard rock... Did you get the corals for free with it?

Old 10-07-2004, 01:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
That looks fabulous!! Nice aquascaping, lots of caves and swimthroughs!
Like the location, you can see from all sides.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #4

Yes the coral came with it, i knew the guy at the LFS, actually its a Pet Superstore so they have everything. Whats the chance of the coral living? Is there anything i can do to ensure its life or just keep maintaining water level?

Little critters starting to pop up around the place. Few snails, brittle stars, and this little fella, what is it?

[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 01:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man looks great!!! What kind of lighting do you have?
Old 10-07-2004, 01:45 AM   #6

There are 3 fluro's.

2 X 6800K 25W T8's
1 X 15000K 20W Tri-power / pink fluro

Do you think this will be efficient?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks Great Mate! Wanna come to the states and do mine? My rock should be here tomorrow. I really like how you have it setup. I will see if I can make mine look as good. I have 180lbs of base and 200lbs of lv coming 50 from lr.com and 150 from my buddies established reef tank.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
First guess would be a nudibranch on the last photo. I would suggest having the rock far enough way from the glass so you can run a mag cleaner around the sides and front and also to provide good water movment between the back glass and the rock.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Awesome looking rock - 'specially from an LFS! Very good aquascaping, but I'd agree with the ability to ensure your magnet cleaner will have room to work the sides. Also, if you're gonna have a pistol shrimp, or a goby that tends to move sand from under rocks, I'd think you might wanna make sure the rock is firmly planted on the bottom so that the tunnelling won't topple them.

Did I tell you that's some awesome looking rock already? What's you outlook for critter inhabitants?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:20 AM   #10

Well saw a few critters today, including that worm, a snail, a brittle star for a split second, and what appeared to be a skipper. Wen't out tonight for a bit and turn the fluro's off. When i got home and turned them on, there where critters everywhere, at first glance i could count about 15. There was one coral on the side of one of the rocks that i thought had died today, it turned all black and shrivled up. When i turned the light on it was in full extent and all colourful. Am loving this saltwater tank already, and i don't even have any fish in it.

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com