Live rock question from a 1st timer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I starting my very first reef tank,First time at saltwater for that matter and I have a live rock question.Fiji or Uaniva,I cant decide on which one... Keep in mind they are on differnt sites,I know Figi is popular but, has anyone seen or used Uaniva(WAN eve a) Live Rock? and there both at a good price uncured,3.99 and 3.75 per lb on different sites...

Basically it boils down to which you like. There is really no major difference, yeah maybe some have different hitchhikers and growth, but basically rock is rock. I don't know about others but all of my tanks have a mixture of types as I like they way they look. I think that to mix it up adds an interesting element to the tank. Hope you have a place set up to cure the rock. Regarding the hitchhikers and stuff, it really does not matter if it is not cured, as most of it will die anyway when you cure it.

HTH

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
It is a matter of preference. My suggestion is to check out www.liverocks.com for some of the best aqua-cultured LR around. THey Keys rock is considered top-shelf and very good rock.

Some types are more dense then others so in the end you may need to get more of it to get the aqua scape you want.

Like ogden 10 says using several kinds is s good way to go.

the other thing to look at is this... you may be looking at below 4 dollars a lb. but what are you going to have to do to the rock before you can put it in your tank...

clean it, cure it and then put it in totally dead.

I am with Lando, look at LR.com... they are a dollar or two more per lb. but typically have next to no die off, and it comes with tons of life.

hth

Back
Top Bottom