Live rock Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMedina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, i got this question in my head for a long time, so i'm going bring it her and hear what you guys think. Currently i got my rock in the center of the tank, and i was thinking of moving them to the back so i can make like a reef wall and more caves. is there any benefit from it ? or is the same? important factor i don't have power head yet i'm going to buy one in a couple of weeks.
Setup info:
- 20g tank
- Marineland 200 HOB filter ( should i leave the long intake tube on or short?)
- Clownfish and a dottyback
- 1 turbo snail and 4 hermit crab
- also my sand bed inst deep should i get more sand ?

thanks guys

You want enough room between rocks so that you dont get buildups of fish poop and other nasty stuff. Also make sure you can get a magfloat between the rock and the glass. :)

I';ve tried so many different ways of stacking rock, right now my favorite is center of the tank so water flows between the rocks and the fish have the front and back to swim and sleep in. :)

Ok im going to try it if not i will place them in the middle again. Also should i quit the long intake filter tube or leave it like that heres a picture ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395106060.156005.jpg

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom