live rock setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelochas

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have about 90 lbs of live rock, maybe more. it fills up the 75 gal tank, maybe a little too much. im having issues on how and where to place the rock. some are about the size of a football, very large and very heavy. some are like a tree branching with the braches very close together. and one has a long oval shape plate, about 14 inches by 9 inches. i think the plate shape has the most coraline and color on it, more like a center show piece.

but i have trouble on how to do this and what is best for my tank. should i stack them up like a mountain. or have one set on each corner and have little in the middle. do i place them up against the back wall of the aquarium or right down the middle. i want what is best for circulation and health of the tank and rock. by the way, what happens if the rock with coraline is under and shaded byt a rock above. will the coraline die off because of little or no light. i have look as some pics in the gallery. they are great but i wish to have more of a 3 dimensional or a layout from the top of the tank.

thanks

It really depends on what looks good to you. The main thing to keep in mind is to position the LR so that there is plenty of water circulation in, around and behind the structure. You do not want any dead spots. Adding more power heads may be in order.

Back
Top Bottom