Live rock shipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Man am I excited! I just received 125lbs of uncured Haitian LR. Man is there tons of life (and death) on it. My wife and kids think I am nuts for getting all excited about 2 boxes of very funky smelling rock.

My wife and kids think I am nuts for getting all excited about 2 boxes of very funky smelling rock.
You are but lucky for you we are all nuts here. Want to see a better response? Tell the kids how much you paid for the boxes of stinky rock. :lol:

People are always asking why SW is so expensive and I feel like a moron trying to explain to them why I paid so much for the rock that's in the tank..... they don't get it....they never will, unless they too decide to do a SW tank.

"you paid HOW MUCH?.... I got rocks in m'backyard.....I'da let you have 'em fur free!!"

Serpentman said:
Man am I excited! I just received 125lbs of uncured Haitian LR.

Where did you get it at?
Any pictures?

I'm still debating my purchase of rock and looking at all options.

If you're ordering live rock i've seen some not so bad deals from Drs. Foster and Smith. I was planning on ordering some but today my friend was able to convince the LFS to sell us Fiji for $3.50, which was a deal I couldn't very well pass up.

The deal was very good. 3.25/lb shipped. For orders over 75# you have to pick it up at your local airport. The rock is in the tank which I have to put back together. Once I get my lights up and running, I will post some pics.

Also, they have both cured and uncured available. I chose the uncured as I am setting up a new tank. It was pretty covered in stuff. How much of it is "live" remains to be seen.

Here is the link:

http://www.intmarinefish.com/liverock.html

Damn that is about half price what I see at my LFS's......I wonder if it would be a better idea to get uncured rock so my tank will cycle better.

I don't know if it will cycle better. Actually it might take a little longer. However, there is more life on the rock to begin with so you might seed you tank with more "stuff". Also, with uncured in a new tank, the is nothing to foul up. Also if your tank is already established, I would cure it in another container before adding it.

Back
Top Bottom