live saltwater plants online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkprincess

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! I would like to possibly add some plants to my 29 gal. Biocube. Any suggestions on type? I don't want to be over run with a weed type and I have a bi color angel that may eat them which is fine. Also, what online retailer do u suggest?

Just following - I'm planning on buying some from reef cleaners as well...

Besides the macro in my sump I only have some mangrove pods that I'm growing in hopes of having a planted mangrove tank in the next year or so.
Check out this site though they should be able to help you better than I can.
www.marineplantbook.com/

LA Reefs - Specializing in Live Coral, Macroalgae, and Inverts for Reef Aquariums is good, as is liveaquaria.com, whom I have ordered from. Everything arrived healthy and on time.
My absolute best experience ordering aquarium flora online was from Gulf Coast Ecosystems (www.live-plants.com). Excellent selection, though most varieties are seasonally available. I orered their "Halimeda Sampler Pack" (which would be better named Calcareous Green Algae Sampler Pack) with an emailed request to not get any Halimeda since I already had some. The pack is supposed to include 5 plants. I got 3 shaving brush, 2 mermaid's fan, 1 pine cone, and about a half dozen small C. Barbatos. Quality was superb, quantity was well above what I paid for. Strongly recommend them!

I'm looking into it. I got a handfull of macro algae from my LFS. He doesn't even sell it, but gave me some out of his refugium which was inundated with pods! Bonus!!

Back
Top Bottom