Live sand. Clarity...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lane1223 said:
Ok I just checked my levels.
Ammonia: .5 ppm
Nitrite: .25~.5 ppm (in between)
Nitrate: 5 ppm
Is this a good sign?

Yea looking ok..

jsmith said:
Yea looking ok..

So should I take the shrimp out and let the ammonia bacteria eat up the last bit of it? Ill be back in two days so if the ammonia is gone and so is the nitrite, should it be ready for fish?

Lane1223 said:
So should I take the shrimp out and let the ammonia bacteria eat up the last bit of it? Ill be back in two days so if the ammonia is gone and so is the nitrite, should it be ready for fish?

What was the peak ammonia reading you got?

Hi. I set up my new 40 gl breeder and it has been cycling for about a day... It's still super cloudy... How long should it take for sand to settle? And should I keep my filter going? At first the sand had a slime like film on it when I first added water but now it feels like normal. What has changed?

Do you have pool sand or playground sand?

I'm setting up a tank with pool sand and it was cloudy all day yesterday but this morning -- man! -- it is CLEAR!

Gnarls Gnarlington said:
Do you have pool sand or playground sand?

I'm setting up a tank with pool sand and it was cloudy all day yesterday but this morning -- man! -- it is CLEAR!

I used live sand. It is still a tad cloudy.

Attachments

• image-33768835.jpg
    image-33768835.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 72
jsmith said:
Was it a raw shrimp.
What size was shrimp and tank?

The shrimp was boiled.... And it is about 4" and my tank is 40 gallons. Is that bad?

jsmith said:
Just one woulda been fine.. take a reading today and post your results.

Well they were small shrimp so I put two in there. But here are my results. Shrimp has been pulled out for about 12 hours.
Ammonia: .75 ppm (more than .5 less then 1)
Nitrite: 1 ppm
Nitrate: about 10 ppm
pH: 8.0
Heres a pic. The camera darkens them all a little bit so just imagine then a little lighter.

Attachments

• image-3864599582.jpg
    image-3864599582.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 79
Lane1223 said:
Well they were small shrimp so I put two in there. But here are my results. Shrimp has been pulled out for about 12 hours.
Ammonia: .75 ppm (more than .5 less then 1)
Nitrite: 1 ppm
Nitrate: about 10 ppm
pH: 8.0
Heres a pic. The camera darkens them all a little bit so just imagine then a little lighter.

Keep it In there its good thing seeing that ammonia raise.. maybe wait till its alittle higher then take it out

Back
Top Bottom