Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2003, 07:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to smokiums
Thanks for info. My ammonia did spike about 6 days ago and then went back down. I cycled my tank using 2 raw shrimps. I didn't add the lr until the ammonia was all gone and my nitrite test showed 0 also. Other than that, my tank has been fine.

I'll get another could of days, do a water change and then add some hermit crabs.

Thanks, again.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I would definitely watch the phosphate levels. You probably already know this but, the phosphate test was the last test I learned. Keeping phosphates low will help with the algae spreading.

Tags
live, live sand, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com