Live stock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrayis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 gallon breeder that I will be stocking. I was wondering if you guys could give me your input on what I've came up with so far.
2x kauderns cardinals
1x orange goby. Either orange strip prawn or orange spotted goby.
1-2x ocellaris clownfish
I will probably get a shrimp or something along those lines to add more character to the tank. I haven't really looked into them much. The plan is to put coral in the tank at some point.
I've also heard horror stories about damsels but what is the chance of a yellowtail being in this tank? Is it just the luck of the dice if it's aggressive or not or does it just get mean as it gets older ? Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a pair of clowns, the Orange goby, and Cardinal. All are suitable for a 40. Never really messed with the damsels because of aggression. Make sure you have a cover gobys tend to be jumpers. Super easy to make screen cover from a hardware store. YouTube it.

I have a starry blenny too and is one of my favorite. A ton of personality and goes after algae along with smashing on mysis. Might be worth checking it out

I have a glass top for the tank. I haven't looked at blennys. I'll check that one out. Thanks for the reply.

I have a yellowtail damsel now and my daughter likes to call him dory. That's about the closest thing we will get to a tang and the only fish I really know that is blue and yellow. I don't think I'm going to add him to the 40 but haven't completely ruled out the attempt yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom