liverocks.com having major issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm really not trying to be negative or hurt liverocks.com. But i've talked to them on a couple of occassions and they told me that they "get back to me quickly" and probably get my order out early next week". Well, I haven't heard from any of those guys for about the last 4-5 days. I know they were having issues with their gulf rock basically all dieing cause of a major red tide problem in their area. I guess they still have the keys rock though.

Well, they told me they'd be getting back to me and such, and i hope everything is going good with them, but just for everyone else's information...they are having problems right now and haven't been available to take orders over the phone. I wanted 20/20 lbs of keys and gulf rock...so i needed to call that order in by phone since they can't do the 20/20 on the web. I guess i'll wait for them to call me back. But it's a little frustrating when they said they would be able to help me out and then they dissappeared. I guess if you're in the market for their liverock right now, we'll just have to be patient and wait for them to get a handle on things right now. Even though they're in florida, i'm sure the hurricane isn't helping things either.

Take into account that right now Florida has been getting hit with pretty extreme weather. We have 1 hurricane, 1 tropical storm and 1 tropical depression all off of the coast. All that horrible weather and red tide can't be helping those guys harvest that rock. I would just be patient and understand that this rock is labor intensive to harvest and very dependant on good weather.

There is NO gulf LR available anywhere!! The red tide has produced major "Dead Zones" in the area and all life in the gulf has basically died.
My LFS deals in gulf rock and I haven't seen any quality rock in a long time.

Just hang in there though, once the weather starts to cool down and the red tide recedes things should get better!

Jermz

i'll probably just go with whatever they've got that's still in good shape.

man... the more i read the worse this thing seems;

"There is not a snail, not a shrimp, not a coral alive. Everything is destroyed,'' said Richard Londeree, who has a state aquaculture lease to raise "living rocks'' offshore for the marine aquarium business. Londeree said other live rock aquaculturists have called him in tears, their entire inventories dead.

"This is the most horrendous thing I've ever seen, and I've been doing this for 30 years,'' Londeree said.

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGB41NS2ECE.html

I would expect a sharp increase in the price of LR. If you're going to buy some, buy it now... if you can find it.

well, i don't think you need to go that far. Liverocks.com has a bunch of keys rock that's about 100 miles away from them and the red tide. They said it's in great shape. So the gulf rock is what they said took all the damage. So expect to see problems there i suppose.

just so u know...Red tide is the issue....this probably killed all their gulf rock...red tide was the worse this year then it has been in many years since ive lived here...30 yrs

Back
Top Bottom