Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Liverocks.com- Need Help asap! Help me decide to buy :)

Right now I am trying to decide between liverocks.com and tbs. Liverocks.com has the best customer support I have ever seen to this point.
However, I haven't seen many pictures from customers with their rock in it, but I have seen a ton of tbs.

Could anyone please post me some pics of lr.com and tell me about what they get on the rock. I want a lot of coral growth and I am ordering some of the coral rock ( if it gets that far). But I want to make sure I get a lot of coral, worms, ugh life in general.. Any get christmas tree worms, pistol shrimp, urchins or anemones?

Please answer asap I need to place an order this week! I am really leaning toward lr.com but just need some pics to help me feel better. This is such a investment! And a one chance shot for me, with an order this size.

TY
reefdiva

Old 02-15-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I only ordered 30 lbs from lr.com(10keys, 10gulf,10base). I got 2 clams, 2 urchins, 2 limpits, 5 snails, approx 10 aptasia, countless feather dusters, 8 crabs, some barnacles, spagheti worms, 2 bristle worms andan unknown coral. I still see new stuff all the time. I lost 1 clam, removed 6 crabs, peppermint shrimp ate aptasia and coral died during cycle but is coming back on another rock.

sorry no pics right now. I would only buy from LR.com it is great

28gal bowfront
40lbs livesand(bag from LFS), 30lbs live rock(LR.com)
2 O. Clowns
1 peppermint shrimp, 5 red leg hermit crabs,
4 mexican turbo snails, 15 nassarius snails
ricordea mushroom, candy cane coral,
super color polyps, hairy mushrooms
bubble coral, hawiian feather duster
coralife lunar 2x65, HOT magnum canister
10 Gal refugium(chaeto) & seaclone skimmer
RMPD109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think most of the people here are lr.com advocates. But I have heard many people raving about the "package" from TBS. Personally, I would go with lr.com.+
Old 02-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #4

I can honestly say that lr.com has be great as far as answering emails.... quick responses. From what I see they are doing better with me on customer support then tbs. Way batter.

I just wanted to be sure to get lots of corals etc. I know sponges will not survive

That's why I was hoping for pictures so I could see for myself

ty
reefdiva
Old 02-15-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to elise
liverocks.com is awesome

I got red mithrax crabs, at least 2 pistol shrimp, feather dusters, a thorney oyster, and a bunch of other types of clams/oysters.. ect.. And only about 4 months into it, coraline took over! Great rock.
you wont be sorry
Old 02-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to elise
oh by the way, look in my gallery for pix of the live rock =)
Old 02-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got bunches of stuff. Lots of tube worms, a couple of brittle stars, 2 urchins (but I haven't seen them in a while, hmmm), some red rock crabs that I removed for eating some yellow star polyps, a couple of pistol shrimp, some tube corals more clams that I could count (keep your eye on that rock, sometimes it moves when you didn't think it possibly could), a sponge, spaghetti worms, Ummmm... I got 2 big aptasias and maybe 2 smalllllllll ones. The peppermint I got took care of those though. I may have missed something (check my sig).

I got 30# of keys and 30# of gulf. I like the keys much better. I thought about 30# of coral for my next 30, but I haven't given it much thought lately. I don't have any experience with the TBS so I can't help you there.

How could I have forgotten the porcelain crabs?! I got TONS of those! Harmless filter feeders thus far.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyl
I got bunches of stuff. Lots of tube worms, a couple of brittle stars, 2 urchins (but I haven't seen them in a while, hmmm), some red rock crabs that I removed for eating some yellow star polyps, a couple of pistol shrimp, some tube corals more clams that I could count (keep your eye on that rock, sometimes it moves when you didn't think it possibly could), a sponge, spaghetti worms, Ummmm... I got 2 big aptasias and maybe 2 smalllllllll ones. The peppermint I got took care of those though. I may have missed something (check my sig).

I got 30# of keys and 30# of gulf. I like the keys much better. I thought about 30# of coral for my next 30, but I haven't given it much thought lately. I don't have any experience with the TBS so I can't help you there.
Did your sponge die??? Rock looks good, and you got the corals on the regular rock?

How do you get by with that puffer, I thought they were a reef NONO! They are soooooooooo cute I wanna, but thought I could not havaa.

I am getting 30 base, 10 keys and 20 coral. I heard the base is very nice indeed

ty
Old 02-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

LMAO That's not my puffer! I did that the other day too. Started in one person's gallery and the next thing I know I'm wandering the earth thinking what's this?! This can't be the same tank! LOL. The corals that I got were the Cladocora Caespitosas. They're little tube corals. They are doing really well. The sponge... I don't know if it survived or didn't. I can't really tell. It looks like it has sustained some damage, but I can't tell if it was fatal or not. I like the keys rock much better than the gulf rock for the look of it, but probably got my cooler hitch hikers on the gulf (probably the uncool ones too, lol).

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMPD109
I only ordered 30 lbs from lr.com(10keys, 10gulf,10base). I got 2 clams, 2 urchins, 2 limpits, 5 snails, approx 10 aptasia, countless feather dusters, 8 crabs, some barnacles,
Did your barnacles survive? I have heard they could be hard to keep alive.

ty
nicole

Tags
live, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com