Liverocks.com- Need Help asap! Help me decide to buy :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefdiva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now I am trying to decide between liverocks.com and tbs. Liverocks.com has the best customer support I have ever seen to this point.
However, I haven't seen many pictures from customers with their rock in it, but I have seen a ton of tbs.

Could anyone please post me some pics of lr.com and tell me about what they get on the rock. I want a lot of coral growth and I am ordering some of the coral rock ( if it gets that far). But I want to make sure I get a lot of coral, worms, ugh life in general.. Any get christmas tree worms, pistol shrimp, urchins or anemones?

Please answer asap I need to place an order this week! I am really leaning toward lr.com but just need some pics to help me feel better. This is such a investment! And a one chance shot for me, with an order this size.

TY
reefdiva

I only ordered 30 lbs from lr.com(10keys, 10gulf,10base). I got 2 clams, 2 urchins, 2 limpits, 5 snails, approx 10 aptasia, countless feather dusters, 8 crabs, some barnacles, spagheti worms, 2 bristle worms andan unknown coral. I still see new stuff all the time. I lost 1 clam, removed 6 crabs, peppermint shrimp ate aptasia and coral died during cycle but is coming back on another rock.

sorry no pics right now. I would only buy from LR.com it is great

I think most of the people here are lr.com advocates. But I have heard many people raving about the "package" from TBS. Personally, I would go with lr.com.+

I can honestly say that lr.com has be great as far as answering emails.... quick responses. From what I see they are doing better with me on customer support then tbs. Way batter.

I just wanted to be sure to get lots of corals etc. I know sponges will not survive :(

That's why I was hoping for pictures so I could see for myself ;)

ty
reefdiva

liverocks.com is awesome

I got red mithrax crabs, at least 2 pistol shrimp, feather dusters, a thorney oyster, and a bunch of other types of clams/oysters.. ect.. And only about 4 months into it, coraline took over! Great rock.
you wont be sorry

I got bunches of stuff. Lots of tube worms, a couple of brittle stars, 2 urchins (but I haven't seen them in a while, hmmm), some red rock crabs that I removed for eating some yellow star polyps, a couple of pistol shrimp, some tube corals more clams that I could count (keep your eye on that rock, sometimes it moves when you didn't think it possibly could), a sponge, spaghetti worms, Ummmm... I got 2 big aptasias and maybe 2 smalllllllll ones. The peppermint I got took care of those though. I may have missed something (check my sig).

I got 30# of keys and 30# of gulf. I like the keys much better. I thought about 30# of coral for my next 30, but I haven't given it much thought lately. I don't have any experience with the TBS so I can't help you there.

How could I have forgotten the porcelain crabs?! I got TONS of those! Harmless filter feeders thus far.

Phyl said:
I got bunches of stuff. Lots of tube worms, a couple of brittle stars, 2 urchins (but I haven't seen them in a while, hmmm), some red rock crabs that I removed for eating some yellow star polyps, a couple of pistol shrimp, some tube corals more clams that I could count (keep your eye on that rock, sometimes it moves when you didn't think it possibly could), a sponge, spaghetti worms, Ummmm... I got 2 big aptasias and maybe 2 smalllllllll ones. The peppermint I got took care of those though. I may have missed something (check my sig).

I got 30# of keys and 30# of gulf. I like the keys much better. I thought about 30# of coral for my next 30, but I haven't given it much thought lately. I don't have any experience with the TBS so I can't help you there.

Did your sponge die??? Rock looks good, and you got the corals on the regular rock?

How do you get by with that puffer, I thought they were a reef NONO! They are soooooooooo cute I wanna, but thought I could not havaa.

I am getting 30 base, 10 keys and 20 coral. I heard the base is very nice indeed :)

ty

LMAO That's not my puffer! I did that the other day too. Started in one person's gallery and the next thing I know I'm wandering the earth thinking what's this?! This can't be the same tank! LOL. The corals that I got were the Cladocora Caespitosas. They're little tube corals. They are doing really well. The sponge... I don't know if it survived or didn't. I can't really tell. It looks like it has sustained some damage, but I can't tell if it was fatal or not. I like the keys rock much better than the gulf rock for the look of it, but probably got my cooler hitch hikers on the gulf (probably the uncool ones too, lol).

RMPD109 said:
I only ordered 30 lbs from lr.com(10keys, 10gulf,10base). I got 2 clams, 2 urchins, 2 limpits, 5 snails, approx 10 aptasia, countless feather dusters, 8 crabs, some barnacles,

Did your barnacles survive? I have heard they could be hard to keep alive.

ty
nicole

I had a bunch of them and maybe 1/3 have died off. the rest are still going strong. they creep out the wife but I like em.

They look cool to me and the squirts..... what do you feed them?

Initailly I did not feed them at all. now I suppose they get some of the phytoplankton I feed to the corals.

they are so cool, I'll prob. end up with a FOWL tank so I can get one ;)
Shhhh don't tell hubby!

I was just wondering what the chances are for the a lot of the coral to survive since it is shipped wet wrapped instead of in water.

opps the last reply was to Phyl about the doggie face puffer. opps!

well that defenatly convinced me to go with liverocks.com for my next order. then ill finaly be done with my tank. ive been slowly starting it up/adding to it sence christmass. im eather going to get 10# of gulf or keys for my last rock addition. not shure wether i want it to look better of have more hitch hikers.

fwiw, the folks at liverocks.com are going away in the next few days (i was told) to collect 5000lbs of new keys rock, so it would probably be a good time to order, as you would have a good chance of getting some cream of the crop stuff. My order is being shipped on the 23rd. Let them know what is most important to you (size, color, life, etc, and they will hook you up.) Can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Brad said:
Shots in my gallery are LR.com rock.

What came on the rock (and survived) as far as coral?

I imagine you later added the sun :)

JamesR said:
fwiw, the folks at liverocks.com are going away in the next few days (i was told) to collect 5000lbs of new keys rock, so it would probably be a good time to order, as you would have a good chance of getting some cream of the crop stuff. My order is being shipped on the 23rd. Let them know what is most important to you (size, color, life, etc, and they will hook you up.) Can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Yes I have been driving them nuts emailing them a hundred questions! They have been so wonderful to answer all of my emails and questions.

I have just seen a lot of pics from tbs that had some beautiful coral on it that stayed on the rock..... really nice brain, cup , star? to name a few.

That's what I want. If I can get that from liverocks.com I would rather because they are fantastic but if I cannot, I just want to know.
Most of the few pictures that people have sent me to look at in these forums seem like they have a lot of life and color but I really don't see much coral, just what people added a little later.

That's why I ask what was there and what's been added.

Back
Top Bottom