Livestock Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is for my 125 reef.
Lamarck's Angel
Purple Tang
Yellow Stripe Maroon
I would like a bullet goby, but they need to be house in a peaceful tank?
A shrimp goby with pistol shrimp (would a shrimp goby be ok with the above)?

I already bought the Angel and the Maroon is a must. I could substitute the Tang for another fish, but still really like it. I'm definitely going with the srimp goby/pistol combo. I still am looking at a good sand sifter.

Any suggestions...?

I have never owned a Purple Tang, however my Sailfin Tang and Gold Stripped Maroom clown are the two most agressive fish in my tank. You have the Tang in place so it is making itself at home and will believe the entire tank to be "Its space" you may find that you will need to rearrange the rock to add the clown and keep them from aggitating each other. That was how I finally got the Sailfin and Clown to quit fighting.

That is if the Purple Tang is as aggressive as my Sailfin. The Sailfin also will eat any invert it can, seems to never be full, when I move some algae from the sump/refuge up to the main tank it finishes it off within 24 hours. The shrimp hide and are quick enough but they do not come out into full view during the day for this reason.

I also wanted to add the Angelfish is going in this weekend an the only thing I have in there now is a green chromis.

IMO the bullet goby will be OK in that setting. The only thing I`m wondering if your tank is mature enough to have a sifter. You might want to make that the last addition.

That's a good point. I have had it cycled since Jan. Just haven't been able to decide exactly what I want. Right now there is only a 1 inch green chromis.

Back
Top Bottom